Available April 15 and September 1, 2024
No Minimum Quantity
Raised in Palmer, Alaska on Alaska Mill & Feed pullet grower, these pampered girls are ready to move in, produce eggs, and save you the drama of brooding chicks.
Pre-order to reserve your personal egg-laying machines!
With a gentle and calm disposition, Golden Bovans are the favorite bird for first-timers and people with children.
Golden Bovans are very cold-hardy and good foragers.
The Golden Bovan is a Gold Sex-Link. This particular breed has been developed in France, derived from a cross between Rhode Island Red and Leghorn genetics. The Golden Bovans is a brown egg-layer that produces a beautiful large to extra-large dark brown egg.
• A prolific egg-layer
• Estimated 395 eggs in 76 weeks of lay, ~320 eggs per year
• 50 percent production at week 20
• Peak production 93-95 percent
• Excellent feed conversion ratio
• Easy to manage, calm disposition
• Excellent shell strength with dark brown eggshell coloring
• Has been bred to adapt to different conditions, allowing them to produce well in housing or to thrive on free-range.